E - F

*******************************************************************************************

e - See entry for Estriceram

This e (for Estriceram) mark also includes mark for Genin Trudeau

************

Ecanada Art Pottery - Hamilton, Ontario.
Started by George Emery, Sr. (1881-1959) in the 1920's while he was employed by Canadian Porcelain Company. Mr. Emery had been apprenticed at the age of twelve at the Wedgwood Pottery in Staffordshire, England. Operation of Ecanada Art Pottery was turned over to George Emery, Jr. in 1949 and the pottery closed c. 1952. In 1976 the molds were purchased by James Orme and production began in 1977 and continued into the 1980's. Some of the 1970's-80's pieces are unmarked, others marked EMRO. (See also entry for Dundas Clay Products)

************

Elbro - Quebec

A giftware importer primarily. Pieces moldmarked Elbro Canada also known to exist.

************

Elwill - London Township, London, Ontario

Begun in 1953 by Elisabeth C. McKellar and her mother, Willie. Elwill being a combination of El and Will. Original production was copies of Delft blue lamp bases.

Clay used was a white clay imported from California. Production ceased in 1984. Both hand-turned and mold-made pieces were produced.

************

Empal Sales

See entry for Forest Potteries

************

Emro Pottery - St. Catharines, Ontario
See entry for Ecanada Art Pottery

************

Estriceram - Magog, Quebec
Active in the early 70's for whom Jacques Garnier gave a new interpretation of the forms he used for his Argile Vivante production in the 60's. ESTRIE is French for Eastern Townships, Quebec, CERAM means Ceramics. Estriceram pieces are also found marked GT for Genin Trudeau, a Montreal-Toronto distributor.

************

Evangeline Ware (A Canuck Pottery Ltd. Company) - See entry for Canuck

************

Foley - Saint John, N.B. Operation begun c. 1890's by James William Foley (Born in England March 30, 1857, died 1904). Business continued under Fenwick (Fen), son of James Foley, in the Foley residence on Bayside Drive, Saint John. Sons of Fen started Canuck Pottery Ltd. See that entry for details.

From a 1943 trade directory, the entry reads:

"FOLEY POTTERY, LTD., Loch Lomond Road, St. John, N.B., Can.
Plant at St. John; on C. N. R. R.; C. P. R. R.  Plant telephone, St. John 3-3501.  2 periodic kilns (1 bisque; 1 glost).  Fuel - coal.  Stoneware, Rockingham and flower pots; earthenwared specialties.  Rated capacity of plant: 15 tons weekly.  Operate own steam plant; buy electric power for lighting.  President, Mrs. C. W. Foley; General Manager, Fenwick D. Foley.  (Trade Name, Foley)."

************

Foley Potteries, Ltd. - Hamilton, Ontario.

************

Forest Heights Potteries (Empal Sales) - Toronto, Ontario

************

Return to Home Page